Followers

Thursday 7 May 2015

Hello flower

Good Evening
Here is a quick post to start to showcase the samples I did for last weekends Claritystamp show. The first one is the little canvas I did. It is using the flower stencil and I also used the line sentiments 'blessings' on it.

I started off by putting grunge paste through the stencil direct to the canvas and left it to dry. I then painted over the whole lot with a cream acrylic paint and left that to dry.
Using blues and pinks I then dry brushed colour avoiding the flowers and building up the darker colours around the edges. I tried to keep the brush stokes going the same way.
I then replaced the stencil over the flowers and using yellow and orange paints I sponged colour through the stencil to colour the flowers.
I stamped blessings onto a piece of tissue and used mod podge to stick it to the canvas and then added hearts cut from book pages. I added charcoal to the edges of these to make them stand out more. The butterfly was painted with acrylic paint then stuck on using hot glue.


Hope you like it.

Happy Crafting


3 comments:

  1. this is lovely Jane. the flowers really pop against the background xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Stencil runs directly on my wishlist. The technic coloring on canvans ...I must directly try out. I love the color of this goureous picture. Sorry for my english and Greetings from Germany.... Gaby

    ReplyDelete