Followers

Friday 29 May 2015

All that glitters!

Good morning to you! I do think that these half term holidays go too quickly! I really could get used to being at home! Well a girl can dream! 

I still have the weekend to enjoy and with a mixed media workshop on Sunday enjoy it I will!

I wanted to share with you a card I did for the last Clarity stamp show and used the Shepherds Purse stamp set for. This time I used the Clarity black shiny card and decided to have a go at using gilding flakes. I do like gilding flakes...just don't breathe to hard or sneeze!!!

I used versamark to stamp with and added mica boss to create the sticky parts to stick the gilding flakes to. I did try and pick out the gilding flakes depending on which part of the flowers they were going on to. I also did the Save the Date sentiment from the wedding set. I swiped the edges of the card with glue and added gilding flakes around the edges to get a distressed look. Then I matted it onto black the grey the onto a black card blank. Then a good polish to make it all shiny and gilttery!



It is pouring down with rain here so I think I have to have a crafty play!
Enjoy your day!

Happy Crafting

4 comments:

  1. Fab card Jane, I do love the guilding flakes on the black shiny card always looks lush xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks fab. love gilding flakes as they add texture and sparkle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Jane. Have not played with gilding flakes for a while, so lovely inspiration. Enjoy your mixed media class on Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shiny card! Love it Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete