Followers

Tuesday 19 May 2015

A shepherd's purse!

Good afternoon to you!
I have been a bit manic again with work taking over my life but I thought I would steal 5 mins to share a card from May's Claritystamp show!


It seems an age since I was doing these samples but it is only 5 or 6 weeks! So much has gone on in that time that I shudder thinking about it! Roll on next week....I hope that I can slow down and take things a bit more calmly. I will have the next batch of samples to do then but at least I won't be having to rush around in the mornings getting ready for work!



The last show had some stunning stamp sets on it and I love the Shepherd's Purse stamps set. Amanda Branston off the design team drew the original ...she's so talented.... And I feel so proud to say she's a friend of mine! How lucky am I!


I made a few things with this set but the first one I did was this shaped card. I cut the shape for the topper first and then used brushos to do the background. Once this was dry I stamped the shepherds purse into place using two of the stamps and then the name of the wild flower...it's too pretty to be called a weed!

I added a bit of colour to the flowers and leaves with pencils and used a white pen to highlight the petals in the blue part. 
I matted the topper onto a piece of blue clarity paper then onto a shaped card blank.

Please let me know what you think of it!


Happy Crafting 

With love from





9 comments:

  1. Oh Jane! I'm so very proud that we're friends too! Your work inspired me right from the very start of my crafting journey, like Julie Rose, I couldn't have got here without your encouragement ans inspiration xxx. Love your work, always have, always will xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Jane. Like the shape too; makes a change from square. Hope you manage to catch your breath next week. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jane, and the colours are fab....xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty, I love shaped cards. And I agree, this plant is too pretty to call a weed, it's a wild flower lol. Have a great half term! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I don't know why my name coming up as Blogger,

    ReplyDelete