Followers

Friday 1 August 2014

Pretty in Pink

Good Morning to you all.
I think that most of you by now will realise that one of my favourite colours is PINK.
So I thought I would use it when I did my card for this months new Challenge.
But before we look at it I want to say  ow marvellous all the entries for the last challenge were. Well done to the winner and to the top five...it was very hard to choose as there were so many who deserved to be up there. Lets hope that this months challenge is as well received!

So for our challenge this month we have the topic FEMININE. I wanted to do something a bit different and so I decided not to use one of the lady stamps but look for something that would be delicate so I chose the large and small PALM LEAF stamps that I have just bought after seeing them used on Barbara Gray's blog.

I also wanted to use my gelli plate and decided to have a go at inking on it for a change. I started off by selecting my colours for the project and I thought that yellow and pink would go right together. I got out my raspberry and butterscotch adirondack ink pads. 

I used my blending mat to ink up my brayer in yellow and then brayered over half the gelli. You can hardly see the ink on the gelli. I then did the same with the pink. I left the ink on the blending mat for later. 

Using the large palm leaf I inked it up in yellow and being careful not to slide I stamped it on my gelli plate in the pink side then added two more in yellow then repeated in pink. 
I then took a print off this on a piece of the square gelli card. 
I also got another print off on a piece of copy paper ...note to self....do two prints next time!
It is amazing how there seems to be nothing on the gelli yet the print is so well defined.

I then got the egg plant ink pad out and stamped the verse in the top right hand corner and the smaller palm leaf twice in the bottom left hand corner out of the print in places. I drew the lines in purple fine liner.

I then spritzed my blending mat with water and used a piece of copy paper to clean it up so creating my backing paper. All I had to do was dry it off then cut it to size to cover an 8 x 8 card blank and mount the topper I had created onto it.

I hope you like it.


Please have a go at creating your own FEMININE card...You can find more inspiration on the Clarity Challenge blog from the rest of the Design team and you can visit their blogs to find out how they made their fab projects.

Hope you have a good weekend...Barbara will be back on the TV this Sunday at 9am-11am...well worth popping along to Create and Craft for a nosey at what she has to offer this month....they are fabulous new stamps.

Happy Crafting









12 comments:

  1. Sp pretty in pink Jane. It's very delicate and feminine, a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Jane, it is great to use inks on the Gelli plate such a delicate effect. ( and easier to clean for people like me who don't do messy!!!) have a good weekend....hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous background and love the beautiful colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab idea, love your technique, definitely going to try this xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty and delicate Jane. I haven't mastered the art of ink on Gelli yet - I must practice xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Jane. Perfectly feminine. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane this is soo pretty I too love those palm leaf stamps. ink on the gelli does give a lovely effect xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful colours Jane, the softness of the palm leaf is amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Jane, I really like these stamps and love how you've used them here. Great mix of colours too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this Jane. i'm not a pink girl at all but what you have done with it is pretty cool. xx

    ReplyDelete