Followers

Monday 11 August 2014

A 'so sorry' moment

Good Morning to you all!


I have to apologise for being such a bad blogger but I have been really busy...and that's without being at work! I sometimes wonder how I fit that in!! 
Anyway this past week has been mine and Colin's annual holiday week and although we haven't gone away we have tried to make the most of the week and go out to places. We have had a lovely week and many of you have been following our week on facebook.
We also celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary with a lovely meal out.

Anyway another week ahead and I want to try and get done what I need to do for work this week but I will try and get on here to share things with you!

Today I want to share one of the cards I did for the August 3rd Claritystamps Show. This one used one of the stencils and the church stamp along with the 'so sorry' line sentiment. These sentiments are great as you can bend them to the shape you want.

I started off inking the stencil all over in black soot distress ink and then running it through my grand caliber to get the ink off the stencil and onto the card. It was'n't quite as black as I had hoped but I went with it.
I then cleaned off the stencil and replaced it over the card and stamped the church over the girl so it looked like she was standing in front. I masked the church off and then spritzed the whole thing with dylusion sprays. I then carefully lifted the stencil off and the mask and dried the whole thing off. There seemed to be a white echo around the whole black area so this I used a yellow spectrum noir pencil to fill in. I used the SN pencils to add colour to the church and then the sentiment was added to fit under the branch. I think it had a spooky look to it and suddenly the white patches on the black looked right so I was glad I persevered with it! 
Here is the card....let me know what you think!


Have a good day whatever you are doing

Happy Crafting 




7 comments:

  1. Great card Jane. I think its a bit spooky lookingtoo. Love the halo around the girl. I tried that trick with the black soot too.... I think my inkpad is not wet enough as I got the same result as you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great very atmospheric image. I have tried going round an image in white before now but not with yellow so suspect I shall be trying different colours to see what effects I shall get.
    Might be worth trying Barbara's trick of using the stencil with a gelli plate making the stencil like a stamp if you wanted a darker image . However, I think works better with the softer black image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely, great colours. It would make a wonderful canvas too Jane. Enjoy the holidays, they go so fast. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very ethereal and halloween like x great job x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes it look misty and murky, perfect. Great card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something for Halloween too! Lovely card. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. quite spooky. but there is a warmth coming from it too xx

    ReplyDelete