Followers

Saturday 23 August 2014

Poppy heads and Moon!

Good Morning everyone and its typical Bank Holiday Weather...wet! But let's not get down hearted about the weather. We are so used to it that we just get on with it don't we. 
There are lots of open air festivals on this weekend around and about this area so it is a shame for them that the weather cannot be better but hey we are in the last week of August now with Autumn on its way and I don't think we've had a bad summer!

This morning Colin has gone out to a Bonsai show so I thought I would take time to update my blog and then settle down to make some more Christmas cards. 

From the Clarity stamp show on August 3rd my favourite set has to be the poppy head and leaves set. Its very funky and reminded me so much of wall paper I had as a teenager. First thing I did was cut out masks for the leaves and the seed heads. 

I then stamped the main image 3 times across the card. I used memento ink as I was using promarkers later. I had cut a piece of theuva card to 7" square. I then masked off the leaves and the seed heads. The next thing was to put the mask of the moon in place. I used the largest size as it was due to be a big moon around that time!

I then brayered the sky in juniper then denim then added a little black to darken it. I did this at an angle so I avoided the dreaded lines! I used the hills mask and a make up sponge to add some hills and mountains. I also used a piece of torn paper to do the ground around the base of the stalks!
The leaves I made my own ink pad for using the distress reinkers like we had been shown by Maria Simms at her workshop and then by Barbara Gray at the Clarity Retreat.
I added colour to the moon by taking off the mask and running my brayer over it without adding ink....its amazing how much it still holds. I then added the outtie mask and used a make up sponge to add moon shadows in blues and yellows....go easy here...you don't need a lot of colour!
I then used the custom ink pad to stamp the leaves around the base of the poppy stems and then 2 at the top into the moon. I used a white micron pen to add the stars. I then removed the masks from the seed heads and leaves and coloured these in with promarkers. I matted it onto black then gold mirri then onto an 8 x 8 card blank.

And here it is!



Please let me know what you think.

Oh and here is the other card made using the same set. Very different aren't they which shows how versatile the stamps are! This is just gold embossed on to centura pearl card...the white side then sprayed with orange yellow and brown dylusion inks. 


I hope you have a pleasant Bank Holiday Weekend!
Happy Crafting


12 comments:

  1. Both fab cards, Jane The first one is my favourite - a really lovely card. This was my favourite kit from the show too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cards Jane... Just waiting for mine to arrive! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are lovely, but I especially like the first. Those stamps are on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Jane that is a fabulous card - some amazing background ink work too! Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. both cards are brilliant, but the first card is my favourite, think I'll have to give in and buy these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Jane and so tempted to get these stamps as they are so versatile... Vx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards,love the stamps...Fabulous background.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love that first card - this could be my Bank holiday weekend project, as I got the poppy head stamps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both great cards Jane, the first one is my favourite....this is such a versatile stamp set. Enjoy your bank holiday weekend....hugs. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic cards Jane, especially the first which is one of my all time faves. Must have taken you ages but well worth the trouble. My stamps are on order and can't wait to try them out. You are right, they do seem to be versatile. Thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards Jane. I particularly love the first one - it's fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super ideas but the first one iss mt favourite. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete