Followers

Monday 18 August 2014

Church and the Splats

Good Morning
Two more weeks and I will be back on the work seat but for now I can continue to do what I do. I thought today I would share one of my samples from the August 3rd show.
It is the one that I got asked the most questions about!

It was the Church with the splats around it!
So easy to do great splats but you really need the Tim Holtz Distress Stains. They are the same colours as the inks and re inkers etc but really liquid and have a spongy dispenser on the bottle. I was put onto these by the lovely Eileen Godwin a couple of years ago


I really like using them. 

So all I did was cut a piece of centura pearl card to A5 size and create the background. The distress stains can also be dragged along the page where you want the colour as well as splat. 
So I did the sky area then added splats. I dried it off with the heat gun and then added the yellow splat for the sun.
I added purple and green and yellow at the sides to look like bushes.
I dried this off and then stamped and embossed the church and the lampposts in black then added the colour to the church and the yellow for the lamp light. 

I added some hills using distress inks and a makeup sponge then used black soot distress ink at the bottom of the picture to ground the Church and the lampposts.
I darkened the edges of the picture too using a blending tool and black soot distress ink. The whole thing was then matted onto a piece of silver mirri card then on to a white card blank.



Here is the finished card. Let me know what you think!

Now I am off to find something to do! 
Happy Crafting


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Jane. The distress stains were the perfect choice for this scene as the effect is spot on or should that be "splat on". Fabulous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card and clever use of splats xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane it is fabulous, I do love it and will be trying it :) enjoy just doing what you do
    Denise x

    ReplyDelete