Followers

Thursday 28 August 2014

Lacy Swallows

Good Morning
I thought that today I would share another of the cards from August 3rd ClarityStamp show

I started off by cutting a piece of theuva card to an oblong and stamping the Arty Heart in the centre.

I then stamped the large and small Lacy Swallow on either side so it looked like they were holding the heart in their beaks (I did just need to use my black micron pen). 

I then masked off the birds and using raspberry adirondack I brushed the bottom of the card fading it to the centre. I then switched to stonewashed blue and getting rid of a lot of ink I brushed the top of the card again fading it so the centre was hardly coloured.

I removed the masks and coloured the birds in using Spectrum Noir pencils. 

To colour the heart I found some pink papers in my stash and black embossed the heart onto 3 different designs. I cut these out then paper pieced the heart.

I drew a wiggly line round the edge twice so it over lapped and drew lines in these spaces then coloured them in pink and blue. I matted the image in pink and blue then onto a white card blank

And here is the finished card. Let me know what you think please!



Hope you have a nice day...its going sunny here!

Happy Crafting

3 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the images.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty Jane! love the paper piecing too. and the birds go very well with that heart. lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the stamps Jane, they are fab ...hope you have a good weekend....hugs. X

    ReplyDelete