Followers

Thursday 22 August 2013

Clarity Take 2

This is a post of all the cards I did for Clarity Take 2 with Maria Simms on Wednesday 21st August

The new stamps are lovely and the stencils are absolutely fabulous!

First the snow men and the music and I did use the smallest tree in the background

This took lots of masking and I did this onto a card with a foiled border which I then distressed slightly.


Next I did another card using the snowmen but wanted to get away from tradition so I went for bright and colourful using distress stain splats...very fun to do but very messy!! The snowmen were all stamped and individually cut out and the little ones used as bunting! The letterbox kit came into its own again. Here is a picture of the small snowmen bunting and as you can see I have glittered them slightly.




After these I did the trees set! I had a gelli plate background which used the  leafy swirl and dots stencil. I silver embossed the  large tree into place and the stars. I then did a group of the trees in silver in the opposite corner to the large tree. The large tree I coloured with promarkers and then I inked over the whole surface with blue and green distress ink. The sentiment is made out of the letterbox kit and shrink plastic. Some bakers twine and a small metal embellishment completed the card which was mounted onto blue cordinations paper which had been distressed.
The shrink plastic letterbox sentiment took me several goes to get a good enough one to put on my card. It was the word Christmas that caused me the problems! It kept looking like a pork scratching!!!

After this I decided to do an sepia card using the tress but I didn't want the presents on the bottom so I masked them off before I inked the stamp! I used brown distress ink on the watercolour card. I then used the tree trunk and the pine ridge stamp, log cabin and small tree stamp to create a scene. I added colour using distress inks and also the very edge of the tree to add tufts of grass. Once I was happy with it I mounted it onto gold then distressed cordinations card and then paper pieced the main tree I completed the card with a piece of ribbon a bow and some die cuts. 
The next cards were done a bit later as the stencils were sent out after the stamps.
The first ones used the new doves stencil one done on the gelli plate the other put through the grand calibur and then brushed with pan pastels.








 I think these show the versitility of the stencils and they really are lovely to work with!

The next card used the clouds stencil which I put through the grand Calibur and then brushed with really pale colours of pan pastels. I used the window and the dove stamps on this to create the picture and added a diecut and flowers to finish it off!!


The final card I did using the clouds stencil but then in the aperture I used the jigsaw stamp set that is the next classroom stamps and the snowmen  stamps. I also used the repositional set that was with the window stamp on the show to complete the scene on the jigsaw. I also stamped the snow flakes all over the finished topper and added a sentiment!






I hope you have enjoyed looking and I would love some feedback on my cards.


Have a nice day and happy crafting!

Jane xx



8 comments:

  1. They're all fab Jane but I love the colouring on the sepia one and the snowman party is such fun. I look forward to seeing what you've made for the next shows. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All fabulous Jane, my favourite is the the Sepia one, I saw the show too so it was lovely that the DT got mentioned too, well done great job xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all fab Jane I do like the brown snow one but the partying snowmen are my faves xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great projects Jane, lots of inspiration here, really enjoyed the show...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw the Sepia one on the show and it looked fab. Absolutely love the snowmen and am waiting for mine to arrive. Love how you've put them with all the colours too. All fantastic cards and great inspiration for us. I really need to give up work to get on with some - however, work does enable me to stockpile a retirement pile!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All fab Jane, love the snowmen! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane, fabulous cards, love them all. Saw the show live and they all looked stunning. Love the sepia one, and the partying snowmen is just brilliant, but my favourite it the jigsaw puzzle. Love the icy look to it. Crafty hugs ..... Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant cards Jane, and what a fab show....have a great weekend and happy crafting...x

    ReplyDelete