Followers

Sunday 11 August 2013

Half way!!!

Well I find it quite hard to believe I am half way through my holidays!!! 3 weeks has flown by! Well it does when you are enjoying yourself doesn't it!! I do seem to have been busy though!

This last week Colin and I had our 31st wedding anniversary and we celebrated by going out for a couple of days and by having a lovely meal on Wednesday evening at The Golden Pheasant at Plumley nr Knutsford!
Yesterday I was as the Clarity NW workshop run by Maria Simms...she is so lovley and so talented its untrue! We were using the clever corners and ended up with some fab projects which really highlight what adaptable stamps they are. As usual we all got a stamp to keep and also one of the new clarity stencils. I will be putting that to good use very soon.

Anyway with all the comings and goings this week I realised I have not blogged any of the cards that were shown last weekend on the clarity shows.

These ones are done with the Whilst Shepherds kit!

The first one is an 8 x 8 card. I started off witha piece of centura pearl card and using the reverse of it I sprayed it with the green and blue dylusions ink sprays. I put my card in a large plastic box to to the spraying...the first ever time I used them I got it everywhere. Thankfully I had a wipe clean table cloth on my table at the time....so now by using the box I contain the ink and it can easily be cleaned.
Once the ink had dried I added a little more colour and depth using distress inks and an ink duster and a make up sponge.
I stamped the star in versamark and silver heat embossed it.
The shepherds and sheep were stamped using black versafine ink and the small tree from the bleak mid Winter set. The words were off the music score stamped on their own without the music. The picture was then mounted on to silver then blue card, and then onto an 8 x 8 card blank. I coloured some card candy to match the blue to finish the card.

The next card was a really simple design. Using a DL card blank I masked off a section about an inch (2.5 cm)  wide. Make sure your masking tape is really low tack!  I then used the music stamp to stamp over this space in cranberry adirondack. You could change the colour here if you wish.
Using a make up sponge I dragged some colour from each edge being careful to leave the centre of the space lighter. Carefully remove the masking tape and you should have a crisp border. I then stamped the shepherds and sheep into position then found the sentiment at Christmas in the Remountable Christmas Decorations Clear Stamp Set which was the perfect size for the space I had.

Right I am off to get a bit crafty...Hope you are having a good weekend

Happy Crafting

Jane xx
 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Jane, I especially like the blend of the blue and green in the first card and the simple design of the second , so effective I will definitely try this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Jane. The Dylusions have made a fab background on the first one and I love the simplicity of the second. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dylusions on the first one but I also like the simplicity of the second one - lovely cards both xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both lovely cards Jane and a good looking blog too ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them both Jane xx Hope the next three weeks go a bit more slowly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both gorgeous cards Jane. Love the splattery inky one - fab background - and the stamped and inked border strip on the second is real cool.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful Jane, love the background you have created on the first card. I hope you are enjoying your crafting time.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab cards Jane, love the inky background on the first one, and a great CAS design on the second. Enjoy the rest of your hols. Hugs .... Linda xx

    ReplyDelete