Followers

Sunday 1 September 2013

Vintage

Well It is that time already and I am now planning my return to work! I can't believe the holidays have been and almost gone! At least I have had the clarity weekend to end my holiday on. A workshop with Maria Simms and Clarity NW and Barbara on the telly (I had to record the Classroom as I was at the workshop) But today I will be watching. I think you will all like the new stamps!

I also feel a bit dull with me getting rid of my pink hair and dying it a more respectable school teacher colour! However the pink didn't fully come out and it has given the brown a bit of a reddish tone!! Oh well it'll have to do!
 
Right enough about me and on with the challenge!
Last month we saw lots more fabulous entries all with animals. Well done to our winner and to the top five! It gets harder and harder each month as everyone seems to just get better and better!

This Month we have chosen VINTAGE as our theme and we would like you to come up with a project that fits in with that feel! It can be a card or a clock or a piece of altered art ...its up to you! All we ask is that the stamps you use must be only from clarity but you can use anything else you like in the way of embellishments, inks, paints or dies. And remember there is a prize for one of the entries picked at random of £50 to spend at Claritystamp so its well worth your while having a go! You never know it could be you!

If you go to the Challenge Blog you will see lots of inspiration and different ways that the DT have interpreted this theme!

Here is the card I made!

 
I started by stamping Kasha in place I then made a mask for her and then stamped the bike so it looked like it was behind her! I stamped in Adirondack Espresso. I then made a mask to look like bricks....Clarity did not have theirs when I made this card but that would be perfect for it now!... and using an ink duster I made a very pale background.
I made under the wheels of the bike darker and added shadow around Kasha's feet! I then stamped the vine above her head to finish off the picture. For Kasha herself I found a lovely piece of papre in my stash and thought it looked like old silk. I stamped her out on it then cut out the dress, hat and shoes from the paper and used this to colour her in! I inked under the lines on her dress to make it look like layers.
 
I added a rusty red colour to the bike frame and also to the berries on the vine and pale skin tones to Kasha's face hands and legs. I cut a curve in the top edge of the topper then darkened the edge with some walnut stain distress ink and also did some direct to paper inking with the edge of the distress ink pad!! Dont be frightened to to this but also know when to stop!!
Here is a closer view of the topper
 
I matted this onto a rectangle of brown and then diecut 2 corners from some gold miri card.
I found a piec of card stock that was cream but it looked like wood grain and I went over it lightly with the ink dusters and walnut stain distress ink and it picked out the pattern even more. I positioned the topper so it was well over towards the right of the card then found some beige ribbon and put a piece down the left hand side of the card. This was then mounted onto the 8 x 8 blank card. To finish off I made a bow form another piece of the same ribbon. I made some spiral flowers ou of the same paper I had used on Kasha's dress and diecut the fern leaves which I then arranged around the bow with two hat pins in there as well.

 
I hope you have enjoyed looking at my project and see how I made it!
The stamps I used were
and the stencil you could use for the wall background is here 
 
Please have a go at the challenge for yourself and also visit the blogs of the DT where you can see more details about their individual projects!
 
Ok so thats it! Over to you!
 
Please leave me a comment to let me know what you thought of my project.
 
Happy Crafting
 
Jane xx



17 comments:

  1. I really love this one Jane. The stamping and colouring are fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jane, love the image truly vintage and I adore ribbon and bow, so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Jane, perfect for the vintage theme. I love your background, fab colours, and the ribbon adds a nice elegant touch. Make the most of whats left of the holidays ...... hugs Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane this is really beautiful I love everything about it and Linda's right the ribbon is a very elegant touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Card Jane everything about it screams elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane this is stunning... Wonderful hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful inspiration for the Vintage challenge xx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Jane and very inspirational...truly vintage....x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this card Jane. and the colouring is so clever! Ace xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and beautifully coloured - fab x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Jane for the Vintage Challenge (loved your Hilda Ogden card too) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Jane this is stunning! Love the gorgeous colours and the ribbon and flowers looks fabulous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it Jane - elegant and very vintage looking x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely design Jane, gorgeous colouring and I really like the ribbon and bow choice xx

    ReplyDelete