Followers

Sunday 26 January 2014

It's all about the LOVE

Well that's the weekend nearly over! Time is just flying! I hope this coming week goes fast... I have a feeling it will as we have practical controlled assessments at school all week!
 
Anyway I thought I would show you my last 3 cards from the January Clarity shows
 
The Theme was definitely LOVE but that makes sense with February coming up and all of us making our valentines cards.
 
The first one used the Love framer with the kissing couple and the birds. I also used the seaweed stencil for the background and for the water effect in the Heart shape. I made my own mask for the heart and sponged around it to get the shape. I then went round the shape with a squiggly line in a pink fineliner and wrote the words 'conquers all' in the bottom part of the shape.
 
 
The next card I used the Love framer and couple in the boat in the O. I also did a bit of masking so it looked like the lock was going through the O. I added the key and the Kind hearts verse all silver embossed. I added a bit of colour to the lock with promarkers and brushed around the edge of the card with very pale blue. I sponged in the O to create a little scene.
The blank 8 x 8 card was stencilled with the double vine stencil and some sequin waste.
 
 
The final card I did with the heart shaped lock, a key stock and a heart as the key all embossed in gold. I masked this off. then I added the sentiment using the letterbox kit and masked this off. I brushed over the card with peacock feathers and sponged around all the masks to give a shadow effect.
I edged the card with a gold pen the matted and layered onto the blue then gold card before putting on an 8x8 cream card blank
 
 
Well thats it for January's Samples.
 
Next Sunday we will be watching Barbara again and then I can show you my  February samples....you are in for a treat!!! The stamps are fab!
 
Happy Crafting
 
 

7 comments:

  1. WOW Jane these are all STUNNING!!!! I think my favourite is the first one.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all 3 but my fave is the pink one, the squiggly line and writing really finishes it off xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three are beautiful Jane but I think the second is most apt for you this weekend how lovely to have been married all these years and still Colin has ways to surprise you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love ( see what I did there ) all three Jane....and looking forward to the shows and new samples next Sunday...have a good week...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Jane... All of them! But my fave, if I'm allowed, has to be the middle card. The padlock through the O love frame is perfect! Xxx. Sorry i'll be missing the next programme... And the live chat! It's exciting to see your own work, but even more exciting to see a friends work! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. all beautiful Jane and can't believe but i really like the pink one (i don't like pink normally). but this is so well composed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all beautiful Jane but I love the subtle colours and layout of the middle one most xx

    ReplyDelete