Followers

Saturday 11 January 2014

My beautiful Balloon

Well I can't believe its been nearly a week since the Clarity Shows! This week has flown by!
Getting back into th eswing of work has been a struggle this week ....I think as its been so dark and wet and cold I have just wanted to stay in bed especially as thats where Colin has been when I have been leaving my house. Him being retired hasn't really impacted on me going out to work until now!
I also think I had such a relaxing Christmas Holiday that I in someway relaxed a bit too much if thats possible!!
But the week has really gone fast and so much has been done at work that it feels like we've never been off!!
 
Anyway here is one of my samples from last Sundays Clarity Show on Create and Craft.

 
I started off by stamping the big balloon into place then with out masking it I created the background starting with the forest. I used the trees mask for this and started with the pale trees at the back and as I worked to the front I used darker and darker green ink. I used a mixture of the stencil brushes and make up sponges to do this. I then tore a piece of paper to create a hill and with out adding ink to my make up sponge I added the hills.

To add perspective I then added the small balloon. I inked the stamp and grey adirondack and then spritzed it lightly with water to make it stamp with a dimpled effect. I then overstamped it in second generation grey to make it have a full shape......Thank goodness for Clarity stamps!!!
I added a moon mask and brushed a blue sky and used a make up sponge around the moon mask to make it pop! I then removed the mask and took the whiteness off the moon by brushing over without adding any more ink. Its quite amazing how much ink this brushes hold!

Now to do the big Balloon in the fusible fibres.I used 3 colours of fibres...pink blue and yellow but its amazing how many colours this makes. I make 2 so I had a choice of them and they were both done the same but they both look different! I cut out th ebasket and the balloon and stuck them over the stamped balloon. Heres a close up.
You can see the different colours here but also you can see the effect of the smaller balloon.



The next part was to mount the topper onto some dark green card and mount it to one side of an 8 x 8 card blank. I then used dark green adirondack ink and the letterbox and numbers kit and shapes to add the sentiment.

I did practice first to see it it would fit!


I thought this was a good sentiment to use for this set of stamps!

I have to say it really is a beautiful balloon stamp and the pattern on it is lovely.

Well thats all for today folks.

I am off out with Colin so I will see you all later.

Please leave a comment if you pop by to look.

Happy Crafting and weekend!

 
love and hugs



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the fusible fibres on the large Hot Air balloon, great technique on the smaller ballon I was wondering how you did it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a lovely card Jane. Glad you got through week 1! 5 to go :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how you've used fusible fibres here it's wonderful... it is a gorgeous stamp to work with so many possibilities loved your flower version too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Jane. Love the scene you created.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, the fibres are stunning. Thanks for sharing your technique for the small balloon, its very effective

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love what you have done with the mask jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a masterpiece! Even better in the flesh xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, I got that set and have made one topper so far but think I will be looking out my fibres now x

    ReplyDelete