Followers

Saturday 21 March 2015

Egg hunt

Good Morning to you all.
Today is all about getting hair cut and doing some planning and hopefully a bit of crafting but tomorrow will be even better...train journey to NEC with Brenda! YAY! I haven't been on a train since I was about 16 and I have never been to the NEC so it's a real adventure for me tomorrow! So excited!

So today I want to share one of my favourites from the samples I made for the last Claritystamp Show on March 1st.

I used the eggs from the Chicks and Eggs set and the flowers from the Bird row set. I also used the journalling set, leaf set 1 and the leafy swirl stamp.

I started off stamping the eggs in the centre of a piece of theuva card and masked them off. I added leaves around them and masked these off too. I stamped the leafy swirl to give my arrangement shape then created the background using distress inks. I did this in the same way as I did The Nature card I had done for the Blog challenge a while back. There is a tutorial on the background here
Once I had done this I added some green splats using distress stains and then removed the masks. I coloured the leaves using the solid leaf shape and green distress ink and the eggs using promarkers.
I put this to one side and then on another piece of theuva card I stamped out loads of the flowers and used the solid shape to colour them in pink, purple and yellow Then I clear embossed these and cut them out. 
I arranged them around the eggs and stuck them down with cosmic shimmer glue. I matted onto cream then brown then onto a mottled card blank. 

And here is the finished card 


Hope you have a good weekend and if you are going to the NEC tomorrow I hope you'll say hello if you see me!

Happy Crafting

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you'd never think this started life as an egg. It's beautiful. I'm so envious of you off to the NEC, and going on a train journey. I do love train journeys. Have a wonderful time, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS MAKE, FABULOUS COLOURS, HOPE YOU HAVE FUN AT THE NEC XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely creation. Fantastic. I hope you had good time at NEC, I have not been on a train fro years either. xx

    ReplyDelete