Followers

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Birdies by the water

Good morning. I thought I would blog you the birdies card I did for the last Claritystamp Show on Sunday 1st March.
I used the gelli plate for this one to do the reflection of the birds and to do the background.
I marked the long middle line on the back of my card as a guide and then stamped in versafine the birds onto the gelli plate. I then pulled the print.
I stamped the birds directly above the image then masked both of them off.
I inked the gelli plate up with green and blue adirondack ink and on one half of the gelli plate I dabbed it with crinkled paper to hopefully get a watery effect. I then pulled a print and my line marker had worked well!

I removed the masks and coloured the birds using the spectrum noir pencils making sure that the birds in the reflection were paler than the ones above. I also added a bit of green shading around the birds legs and some in the reflection.
 I trimmed the card slightly so it just fitted the birds in length. I stamped the word in place then mounted it onto  black card then a card blank. 

Here it is!


Have a good day whatever you are doing.

Happy Crafting

9 comments:

  1. Had to pop over and leave a comment coz I love this one, colour, composition, everything x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card , love the bird stamp ,,.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these little guys ....... and this looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this worked out very well Jane. love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, great design, must remember this as my Mum loves watching the birds in her garden xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Jane, love the reflection...these little birds are just brilliant and so versatile...have a great weekend...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Jane, I love the design and birds.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete