Followers

Monday 1 December 2014

Trees

Good Morning to you!
And Happy December! Hope it's a good one to all of you!

Over at the Clarity blog Challenge there is a new challenge for you to take part in and what a great idea to have this as a challenge in National Tree week.

I always think of the poem by Joyce Kilmer when I think of trees.

Trees

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.


Just Lovely! 

Anyway for my card I used the Large walnut tree stamp.
I stamped and embossed it in white on black and then black on white. I then mounted these side by side onto silver mirri card.
I stamped a seperate border using the leaf set 4 and the sentiment then attached it all to the front of a card blank.


And here it is! 
Hope that you like it. There are lots of fabulous inspiration over at the challenge blog! I think you should have a look then Have a go!
Happy Crafting!





12 comments:

  1. Morning Jane, ...December already....the year is flying by....your card is great and I love your use of black and white...
    Hope you have a good week.....hugs...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane, finally got to you blogger is doing my head in anyhow. This is a lovely card - black and white - always a good combo and the addition of a little mirri card just finishes it off. have a great week December is here so finally the countdown can begin lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane, lovely card. Really like the black and white combination. I enjoyed the poem too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow gorgeous Jane and a lovely poem to boot!!! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Jane, love the black on white and white on black so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous monochrome card Jane I do love my trees.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane I have never heard that Poem before , it's lovely. Between you and me I didn't know it was National Tree week? Your card is lovely and it shows the Stamp in all it's beauty. x xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning card Jane. love monochrome. interesting poem too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Jane. I do love monochrome. x

    ReplyDelete