Followers

Monday 29 December 2014

A stag do? No ...Its a bit deer!

Good Morning to you all in the land of blogger! It's a cold and Frosty one this morning! I have just been out to top up the fridge with food for the New Year Celebrations and to get bread and milk and a few other bits and pieces!

So now whilst Colin makes us a bit of breakfast....bacon butties....I thought I would share a couple of cards from the last Claritystamp show on Create and Craft at the start of December! These two cards used the Oak and deer set. I do like this set. 
The first one used the Deer's head and the Leaves. I started off by creating a background using Sandstone and rose red brushos. 
I let this dry then stamped the deer at the bottom in Brown archival. I then stamped the leaves in distress inks I used rusty hinge and spiced marmalade and Walnut stain.
I coloured the stag in with my whisper markers and then stamped one of the new words in Brown archival ink. I used Awesome from Word Chain 9 but to be honest any of the words would be great!

Here is the card


The next card I made a background on the Gelli Plate using the large leaves stencil. I made a heart shape using a piece of paper to make the aperture.
I stamped the deer in this space and then coloured him with whisper markers.
I stamped the solid leaf and the acorn in brown archival round the bottom of the heart shape. I love that little acorn!
I do think that the deer looks a very majestic animal so the work strength was used on the card from Word Chains 12 .

And here it is!



I hope you liked these two! Let me know what you think please by leaving a comment below!

Happy Crafting



3 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both great cards Jane, and very earthy colour tones. Hope you enjoyed your breakfast. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your visit, Jane and for your lovely comments. No-one can believe the colours I used on that card - Stormy Skies and Red Pepper. I love both your cards but my favourite is the second one in the heart shape. Have a very Happy New Year. xxx Maggie

    ReplyDelete