Followers

Monday 1 July 2013

Oh I do like to be beside the Seaside!

Happy New Month and Happy New Challenge to all of those fans of Clarity Stamps!

I can't believe we are in July already and over half the way through the year! It is really quite scary how fast this year is going.

It did seem a bit strange doing this card when outside it was cold and wet but hopefully the weather will take some inspiration from this months fabulous projects that can be seen over at the Clarity Stamp Challenge Blog

So on to this months Challenge....Oh I do Like to be beside the seaside! (anything holiday related!) Nice as it reminds me that I start my summer hols this month!!!

Anyway here is my card I made for the Challenge.

To make the topper I used a piece of the clarity card...you know....the shiny one.
I started off by stamping the boat and masking the hull off. I then decided where the lighthouse was going, stamped and masked that too! I then masked off the bottom of the card and made some clouds in the sky using stonewashed blue adirondack ink and an ink duster. I could have sworn I had bought a clouds mask for doing this but can I find it.....

I then masked off the sky so I could do the sea.
For this I used a brayer which I looaded up with denim ink, scrumpled a piece of copy paper up and rolled my brayer over it so that I picked up the texture then rolled it over the card one way then  back then left it at that! If you do it more you lose the texture which makes it look like water.
I masked off the sea again and then using a piece of torn copy paper I made some land by sponging ink under the lighthouse. I used the denim ink and lots of it so it was dark. I then removed the masks and did something similar in the bottom left hand corner. 

I then removed the masks from the boat and the lighthouse so that I could colour these with promarkers.

I also used a white micron pen to create the splashes up the boat and at the base of the land by the lighthouse, and to make white bits on the water to look like the white tops of waves. I mounted this topper onto a piece of sand coloured card









I then stamped the shell cluster and the seagull onto a piece of theuva card and coloured it with promarkers before cutting it out.



For my base card I used a piece of pearlescent card which I stamped the single shell randomly over. I added the topper then added the shell cluster and seagull over the right hand corner. And that was it!

I hope you enjoyed looking at my project. Pop over to the Clarity Stamp Challenge blog to see all the other fabulous projects! Then have a go yourself....after all you may get lucky and win and the prize is £50 of vouchers to spend at clarity....well worth trying for!  You can also see the winner and top 5 from last month too!

Happy Crafting

Jane xx

16 comments:

  1. Lovely card Jane love the white splashes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fab card Jane, can almost hear the waves lapping! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card Jane, love all the layering and each layer has something beautiful on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a calm, sunny card Jane. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a great card Jane and well worth all the masking and that sea is fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Jane. I especially love how you've done the sea. It looks fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Jane, glad to see you're not afraid of Clarity card!!!
    Love all the layering and sea splashing at the side of the boat is inspired. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card Jane, and well worth the time and effort you put in, the whole thing is very atmospheric! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great artwork Jane and fantastic step by step description too! You can almost hear the seagull if you close your eyes :-)


    xx Sazzle xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Jane, I really like the details, like the splashes on the boat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant Artwork Jane, and well worth all that masking. Such brilliant detail too. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Jane, love the sea it looks so realistic. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card Jane, reminds me of a recent trip to Bamburgh. You've really brought the scene alive and the shell background is brill. Thanks for the detailed description too. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jane you read my mind. i had been thinking of a card to make with lighthouse. snap you beat me to it. love what you did with white pen and the lapping water xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this Jane, particularly the seagull sitting on the shells xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I spotted this the other day then didn't know where I had seen it. I love it, that water splashing around the boat looks great, and the boad, Ok all of it. Sam

    ReplyDelete