Followers

Sunday 14 July 2013

A moment of Clarity Christmas Ships

Well as you now know I am on the Clarity DT and last weekend I had sent my first cards into Barbara as part of that DT...it still feels like a dream!

Anyway the sets sold out really quickly ...hardly surprising as the are all fabulous stamps...and a bit different for Christmas than the usual!

I had one card shown and this is it


Strangely this had been the first card I made and boy did it give me problems.
I had recieved my stamps and was all excited getting my first parcel to play with! I took the blue off immediately and stamped the stamps out to see what they looked like. I always do this as it often gives me inspiration for what to do with the stamp.

I had an idea that the music could in some way be the wave that was carrying the ships along!!

I won't tell you how many pieces of clarity card actually went in the bin. And how many times I nearly threw my brayer in there too! However it was not plain sailing!...sorry! It was almost as though I had never stamped and or used a brayer before in my life!!! 

Anyway after a few miserable attemps I walked away and had a cuppa then reurned to try again.

I tried at first to use the resist technique for the music stamp but the image was not sharp enough in the sea!!! So I started again and this time brayered the sea then stamped and heat embossed the music in white opaque embossing powder! Eventually I got something that I was happy with and then made the card from that!. Thank goodness for the letterbox kit!

I then was moving on to my next sketch idea and cutting some card to make that topper when the next idea came to me. It uses the I saw Three ships kit but also the holly sprigs from the Deck the Halls kit.

Quite a simple one this one and not using a brayer!

 
I hope you enjoyed reading about my first DT cards. Please let me know what you think.
 
More will follow
 
Enjoy your day
 
Happy Crafting
 
Jane xx
 
 
 



7 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Jane, well done you for keeping going on the first one it was well worth it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Jane and as Hellen says 10/10 teach for keeping going with the first one. Just proves practice and perseverance really pays off. I love the second one too did you use pans on this one? Looking forward to seeing your future samples xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used ink dusters and distress ink round the edges of the blue one!

      Delete
  3. Great ideas for the stamps you've used, beautiful blending on the first card.
    Lisa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Jane, love the new Christmas stamps. Well done you for making it to the Clarity DT - you deserve!! Hugs Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are lovely cards Jane and I'm so glad you persevered with the first one as it would have been a shame not to see your design.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely cards, Jane, well worth the effort! Thanks for giving us some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete