Followers

Saturday 27 February 2016

Border Music!

Good Morning!
Its cold  here but frost free and dry. The Sun is trying to peep out too so not a bad day. I thought I would blog before I get on with some secret stuff. Lots of lovely goodies are coming your way very soon! Yes I am teasing I know! 

Today I am sharing a card I did for the More Clarity Show on Hochanda with Maria Simms. I had spent the day with Maria before this show and had been lucky enough to see all the beautiful samples that the rest of the Groovi DT had sent to her. They always look fabulous on the TV but they looked even more stunning in real life! 

The card I am sharing is the one that had the border of the music stave on it. I started off by cutting a piece of parchment into a square and using the border plate with the double straight lines I made a border area to fill in. 
I then used the music plate with the wavy music stave to fill in that area making sure I didn't cross any lines over so it appears that some are in front of the others. I love how on parchment there is no masking!
In the blank space above the border I then used the sentiment border plate to write Happy Birthday. 
Next came the white work. I filled in the two lines with white work ...remember slowly and gently does it!  It is a lengthy process but believe me it's worth taking your time! ( and how does this girl know that?) 
After I had done the white work I used a pricking grid and pricked two straight lines on either side of the border and all the way round the sentiment. I snipped out the little crosses in the corners of the lines around the sentiment.
I then cut a piece of pink card to attach it to and used the corner punch. to attach the parchment to it before attaching it to a white card blank. 

I thought this was a bit different than the usual parchment cards and could easily be for a young musician's birthday. It looks good on any colour card although I favoured the pink ....obviously!



So off I go now to get on with my crafting. Hope you have a good weekend whatever you are doing!
Happy Crafting

xx



2 comments:

  1. Great unisex design , love these border designs you come up with xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Card Jane Brilliant versatile design. X

    ReplyDelete