Followers

Tuesday 2 February 2016

A rose circle

Good Evening. 
This week has flown by and I have not had a minute to blog anything at all so I thought while tea is cooking I would sit down and share with you a card from the last show that Barbara did in in January on Hochanda. We had the Wee foliage set to use as some of the stamps being sold on the show and I wanted to do something a bit different with them. So I decided to make my own ink pad using distress re-inkers and a piece of Ranger Inkssentials Cut-N-Dry Stamp Pad. I stamped the rose on the pad in archival ink then added the colour using a paint brush to the areas I wanted red then green. I left it to soak in a bit then used it to ink my stamp and stamped a couple of times on spare paper to get the ink dispersed.
I then took a piece of theuva card and found the centre which I marked with a pencil dot. I then started to stamp the rose with the bottom of the leaves on that dot then turned the card one quarter turn and stamped it again until I had 4 roses in position. I then stamped in between each of these to create the circle. 
I used the word chains to do the sentiment Hugs & Kisses. I brushed a little bit of the red ink around the corners of the card just to take the whiteness off then matted it onto black then red then onto a white card blank. I added 4 gems to the corners and that was finished.




I was pleased with how this looked. I think it would be a nice Valentines card so might repeat it at sometime!

Have a lovely day and happy crafting.



9 comments: