Followers

Sunday 14 February 2016

Lawn and Flowers

Good afternoon and Happy Valentines Day to you!
It's been a bit manic here and tinged with sadness too as my Father in law sadly died on February 5th at the grand old age of 95. Colin and I will be travelling (weather permitting) up to Inverness this week for his funeral. So keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't snow too much up there.

This week is half term so I am having a lazy weekend, finishing samples for Maria's next show on Hochanda and getting the washing done too! Colin is busy in the garden with his Bonsai trees so we are both enjoying our hobbies this weekend!

The card I have for you today is one I did for Barbara's show on the 7th February. I used the Henna Groovi Border Plate Relatives & Occasions Groovi Border Plates,  Art Nouveau Groovi Border Collection, (I used Lawn for this card), the Groovi Border Plates 1 & 2 Set (Just the straight line) and the Circle Nested Groovi Plate 

started off using a piece of A5 parchment by placing Lawn to one side. I then positioned the circle around her so that she was to one side of the circle. I then used the sentiments to write Happy Birthday Daughter in the circle.

I used the line on the borders 1&2 plate to draw a straight line all round and then added the semi-circles off the Henna Groovi Border Plate. In the corners at the bottom I picked out the flowers which are on the plate with Lawn.

I added colour using spectrum noir pencils on the back of the parchment. I pricked all round the line border and snipped it out using the parchment scissors. I then attached it to a piece of purple card using mauve brads. It seemed the make the colours pop even more on this colour. I attached this to a card blank and that was it done. Simple really but I think so effective. Do you agree?


Hope you are having a good weekend
Happy Crafting


10 comments:

  1. Fab artwork Jane! You are very good! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara! Hope you are having a fab weekend! Xxx

      Delete
  2. Lovely work Jane. Really like these ladies in parchment. I've a similar design for a friend's card but can't post it yet. Showed a photo to Linda yesterday. Have a safe drive to Inverness. Hopefully all roads will be clear of snow for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanette! I will let you know when we're back! Xxx

      Delete
  3. I love this card Jane, beautiful colours and the Groovi ladies are on my wish list. Sorry to hear your sad news xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow just wonderful. Finally got round to looking at blogs and some amazing work. You are very talented. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very happy to discover your post as it will become on top in my collection of favorite blogs to visit. The Lawn Solutions

    ReplyDelete