Followers

Saturday 15 February 2014

The Big Top

Well its a very wet and wild Saturday and I have been out with Amy shopping for her new flat! Thankfully it was dryish getting the car packed up with all their new goodies. She is so excited about her new place and her and Matthew are enjoying every moment together getting things for when they move in! It brought a tear to my eye to see them together discussing which pillows to get and whether to get this spice rack or that one!!! And purple is definitely their theme!

Travelling about today I did notice that there is a circus big top set up in Stockport and that reminded me that I needed to share another of the cards I made for the clarity shows last weekend using the circus stamp set.

Here it is.

I started off by cutting a piece of theuva card into a sqaure. I marked the centre with a pencil so I could rub it out later.
I then stamped the Big Top in place and created a mask for it. I then placed the sunburst stencil over the top and brushed the three colours into the stencil with the smallest of the brushes. I also did a topper for the words and brushed that with the colours through the stencil so it matched.
I removed the Big Top mask and coloured the entrance in black.
I stamped the word circus over the top and acrobats in the opposite corners.
I used a corner punch to give me rounded corners and then mounted this on to red card. I found a piece of backing paper that had similar colours on it to what I had used and put this on my 8 x 8 card blank then mounted my topper on it. I finished the corners with card candy and mounted the words in some 3D pads. And that was it!

Hope you are having a nice weekend and are safe, warm and dry.

Happy Crafting

xxx

5 comments:

  1. Fab card Jane, lovely and bright and circusy

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely colours and lots of movement on the card xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jane love the bright colours...so glad that you all had a brilliant day...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how bright and cheery you have made this Jane, the stencil goes really well with the circus set. Xxx

    ReplyDelete