Followers

Saturday 1 June 2013

Pinch Punch and all that!

I can't believe we are here again with another challenge for you all!
Well done to our latest winner. Enjoy the vouchers...I know wjhat I would do with them...I have a list as long as both my arms of must haves but they are all now on my wish list!
Anyway I have just had a week off and I am feeling rather relaxed and content and ready for the the next 7 weeks of work! It doesnt sound so bad said in chunks! However my wonderful OH is finishing work today and retiring ( early)... so jealous! I will be going to work and leaving him being a house husband and I know he will be so good at it...he does most of the house stuff anyway.

Hasn't it been cold....it is a bit brighter today as I am writing this and it promises to be a better weekend. It will be a good weekend anyway with Barbara Gray on the telly with the Classroom show on Saturday abd the nornmal clarity shows on Sunday. I do love them as it lets us all see the fab cards the design team and Barbara have created. And the classroom we get to see all the homework that has found its way to Barbara.

On to the challenge for June. Summer is the time when many people get married so we have the theme Mr and Mrs. To enter you must create a project that uses clarity stamps only and any other materials around the theme of weddings and anniversary. I think the DT enjoyed this one and the cards are all amazing. Pop over to the Clarity Stamp blog for a nosey at their wonderful designs and for more details of the challenge and how to enter.

I decided to go with anniversary and used the 2 sizes of the lily of the valley -large and small.
Here is the card I made

 
I started off by stamping and embossing the images onto Theuva card with silver embossing powder. I then used pale green promarker to colour the leaves and edge the card. I then matted each topper on to silver mirri card.
I then needed a sentiment so I used the one I had got with the New Design Club but is available to buy from clarity. Its called Love you. I stamped and embossed this in silver and edged the card in the same way as the toppers and matted it on to silver card.

Once I had got all my toppers I cut some ferns and flourishes out of silver and pale green card and made a bow from my ribbon. I also coloured the ends of the hat pins using the same promarker as I had coloured the leaves.
 

I also cut a piece of white card 2cms smaller than my 8 x 8 card and edged that with the green promarker. I attached a piece of ribbon onto this smaller card then attached that to the base card. I then arranged the toppers going for an angle with the lily of the valley toppers then I put the ferns, flourishes, bow and pins to finish the card off.

I hope you like the card and that it helps to inspire you to enter the challenge. 
I also want to enter this into the Crafting for all seasons Wedding/ Anniversary Challenge.
I welcome any comments you would like to leave me. Happy Crafting
Love
Jane xx



13 comments:

  1. Love this card Jane, so fresh and delicate. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card a real keepsake xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to receive this card Jane - it's so fresh and beautiful.
    A cleverly balanced card. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour scheme you've chosen for your card Jane and the lily of the valley stamps look great embellished with the fern dies and ribbon :-)


    xx Sazzle xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane this is absolutely beautiful. The stamps used, the embellishments and design are lovely and the colour scheme is great.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply STUNNING can't say it any better I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Jane, the colour scheme is so fresh and overall it has a real zing. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love green so this card's right up my street. Absolutely gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful colour scheme Jane. so bright x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything about this card Jane, excellent colour too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply stunning Jane, beautiful colour. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it jane, so fresh and delicate. Thanks for the tip on colouring the hat pins, I hadn't thought of that xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jane, a lovely card, I really like the fresh color of green, and the silver just makes it special. Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete