Followers

Sunday 2 June 2013

Happy Retirement Colin

Well today June 2nd is the official retirement day for my lovely hubby Colin. He decided to accept the offer of early retirement after working for Manchester City Council for 39 years...that sounds like forever but he has been with them since he left school!

His last day on Friday was obviously an emotional one for him I think he coped pretty well with it although I don't think its fully hit him yet that that's it as far as full time work is concerned. He may or may not look for a little part time job just to give him some spends now he is to be a kept man! lol.

So on Friday he wanted to say thanks and good bye to all his colleagues by taking in a few treats. I made him some chocolate fairy cakes which I think went down pretty well.

 
He also took a few sausage rolls and cheese straws plus a few more nibbles for them.
 
When he arrived home he had a lovely pressie off them all and a card plus a few more cards and pressies from individuals. I know he was touched by their generosity.
 
I couldn't let the day go unnoticed and I did make him a card myself for him. I used some of the Create a scene stamps from Creative expressions when Sheena Douglass designed for them. I hadn't used them in ages and had forgotten how lovely they are to use and build up scenes. I used the seaside set for this card. I stamped onto the reverse of centura pearl card and then water coloured the picture I created. I think it worked out quite well. I know Colin liked it.
 
 
Then last night we went out to celebrate at Red Hot World Buffet in Manchester. I still feel full!!!
It was a lovely relaxed evening but we were both glad to get home and get our PJ's and comfy trousers on.


Cheers to you all!
Happy Crafting

Jane xx

2 comments:

  1. Those cakes look so good! Great card too.

    Happy retirement Colin. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and those looked fab. Hope Colin enjoys his retirement and you are able to do the same soon too.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete