Followers

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Red, white and Black ...but still Indigo Blu!

I can't quite believe that a month has gone by since the last Indigo Blu Challenge.
I did enjoy the challenge and working in Blues!

This month it is words and phrases that are the focus so I had a look at the stamps I have and found a stamp I hadn't used yet in my box! Well I just had to make use of it for the main image on my card! It is the Ella Bella stamp

I needed a background stamp too and chose the bubbles one. For my words and phrases I chose the new plate of saying B.F.F.

I had an idea in my head and started off by making th ebackground by stamping the bubbles in flitter glu onto black card. I then used winter dawn flakes over this to create the background.


I also stamped in  Cranberry adirondack ink onto the ribbon so it could dry off before making a bow.






I stamped the main image and the two phrases in cranberry. Then I was ready to assemble the card.


 
 
I used an 8x8 card blank and laid all the pieces on to chack the design. Once happy with it all I stuck it all down and here is the finished result.
 
 
I am quite pleased with the result and hope you like it too! Please let me know below what you think.
 
Thanks for dropping by
Happy Crafting
 
Jane xx



18 comments:

  1. Great design,that background works really well especially as the rest of the design is a different monotone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Jane. Cranberry Adirondack. Mmmmmmmmmmm love it.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, Jane - the background looks great with the gilding flakes and the cranberry inkpad compliments it so well.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Card, and so feminine, love what yu have done with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! I love the colour combination and the background looks fabulous. The ribbon is lovely too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the Ella Bella stamp at the retreat but still haven't got round to using it - thanks for some inspiration as this is a great card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card in fab colours, Ella Bella is one of my favourite Indigo Blu stamps, and you've definitely put it to good use. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever card Jane(have sneaked back on while dh is out!) Lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Fab background and I love the contrasting red xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic card.....love the background stamp and just the layout and colours you've used. Absolutely great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Love it! Love it! The background looks fab, the bubbles look stunning in the flake. Great choice of words too. Thanks for joining in the Challenge again. good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jane, this card is lovely, the Cranberry looks great and you background looks lovely on the black. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card - love the bubble background and those sentiments!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card Jane loving the bubble background x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card, love the contrast with the background and the wonderful sentiments.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Jane...love the colours and layout too hun.
    Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colour combination and the background is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card Jane and my type of background..I love the way you have used the stamps....Thank you for joining us again over at the IndigoBlu Forever 21 Challenge Blog....Enjoy your Easter break....Jo. X

    ReplyDelete