Followers

Friday 1 March 2013

Anything Goes

Well The 1st March is now here and today we have seen the Clarity Stamp Blog Challenge go live.

Here is my DT card I made for it.
I wanted to use my new humming bird Stamps so I thought about how I could make it a bit different!

I got a piece of black card and stamped the large and small humming bird and some of the flowers large and small in versamark.

I then used mica powders in a variety of colours and brushed these over.



Once I had got this topper I needed to think about the background. I matted and layered it on to purple and jade green card.

The base card which is white i decided to use the humming bird to create a backing paper.

I used my splodgemat to create an ink pad and put 4 colours of distress inks on to the mat. I then stamped the humming bird into this ink and then created a background of humming birds.
I also used a blending tool and ink off the splodgemat through sequin waste to add to the  background
 
Once I had got my card and topper I assembled it and added a piece of narrow ribbon and some clear dewdrops to the corners of the topper and on the ribbon.
I was pretty pleased with the final card. And I hope you like it too.
 
Let's see you have a go at the challenge and remember......
 
......Anything Goes!!!!
 
Happy Crafting
Jane xx
 
 


15 comments:

  1. So you should be pleased Jane - it's lovely. The soft inky background is gorgeous and the mica coloured image is fab.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful, Jane another of my fave stamps and you have more than done it justice love the colour combo and the images just POP on the black xxx now what am I going to do ? xxx Annie Mehew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane I love the use of mica powders on black card, it really makes them stand out doesn't it? Your background colour mix is great and blends perfectly with your main image too :-)


    xx Sazzle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be very pleased with this card. It is lovely, both the main image and the clever way you have created your background. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Jane...the humming birds are a fave of mine too. lovely colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stamp and the card is lovely Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card Jane - love the way you've made the background pattern to match the topper x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Jane. I love how you've done the background and the colours you've used. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the oriental feel of this Jane!! great work hon!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card Jane - great background too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These stamps work so well with this technique Jane, stunning card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous colours, technique and perfect stamps.
    I love these stamps although I don't own them yet.
    I love my Splodgemat too Jane.
    I'll now have a go at making a background this way.
    Well done Jane it's brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jayne this card looks lovely, I love the way you have stamped Humming Bird, and great to see you getting good use out of your SplodgeAway Mat too. I so need some of those Mica Powders. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great work Jane, the stamps go really well with this technique...brilliant Clarity Work...Hugs. X

    ReplyDelete