Followers

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Cheering Myself Up

Good Evening all

I have had a rubbish few days so I decided to have a couple of hours crafting using Sheens Douglass's new stamps that I got over the weekend. That sounds rather indulgent I know but needs must!!!

I used pan pastels to create a background and then stamped the images in black ink of the leaves and then pink and blue archival inks. I matted this onto some black card.

The flowers I stamped separately and then painted with mica powders mixed with water. I then cut them out to stick on later. I also did the same with the leaves.

For the background I made, I used similar colours of Pan pastels but lightened it. The leaves I coloured with a sakura pen. This was stuck on to a card blank (8x8)

I stamped the sentiment onto white card and rounded the corners


Here is the resulting Card.

 
 
I hope you like it!
 
Have a good evening and happy Crafting!
 
Love
 
Jane xx

14 comments:

  1. Wow this is gorgeous Jane, love the colours and the composition of the flowers
    lovely card
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a truly lovely card Jane and I hope it did cheer you up making it. The colours are very cheerful and I love have you have used diferent mediums for the colouring

    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jane those flowers are fabulous hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly beautiful card Jane, love all of it and the colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous Jane, I like the flowers, the colours and the lovely sentiment.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane, I hope you are feeling a bit more cheerful, if not me and you can self indulge in a little misreableness together if you like?? I did a double take after reading your description then seeing the card, how proffesionit looks and really beautiful. Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. that should read, how p[rofessional it looks !!!!! flamin keypads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fabulous Jane. Love the coloured and stamped background and the larger flowers are gorgeous. Great design.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card Jane, and really hope it has cheered you up.....don't like my Crafty Friend feeling down.....see you later ....hugs. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Jane. Love the colours, the flowers look gorgeous. Hope you're feeling better after your crafty session. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally gorgeous. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's really a great and useful piece of info. I am satisfied that you just shared this helpful information with us.
    Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.


    Also visit my weblog ... interpreter china

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do yoս mind if I quote a couρle of your articles as long as
    I provide credit and ѕourceѕs ack to your weЬlog?
    My blog sitе is in the very ѕame niche as yours and my users would certainly bennefit from a lot of the information you
    provide ɦere. Please let me know if this оk
    with you. Many thanks!

    My webpagе; household house mold removal companies

    ReplyDelete