Followers

Sunday 15 April 2012

Last day of the hols!!

I managed to get to play with my new stamps to create a lovely picture of the old mill and poppy fields


I did the picture and then set about making a card with it. 


Here is the Picture






I had a few ideas about what to do with the picture but finally decided to do an easel card. The outside was taken care of with one layer of a reddy brown colour that complimented the poppies and the browns in the picture.
The inside of the card posed more of a challenge! I could not find any suitable paper to use so I made my own using the stamps of the poppies. I also found a little stopper which is a chipboard  picture which was in a freebie of the Edwardian Lady designs but the poppy I thought matched the design perfectly!
The picture and the inside paper look as though they have been brayered but in fact I used a blusher brush to do it and distress inks!

It was fiddly to colour the poppies but so therapeutic! I was glad of having the fine nibs for my promarkers!

Here is the final card.
Please feel free to leave me any comments about the card and thank you for taking the time to look!
Have a lovely crafty time

Jane xx

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jane. It looks fab as an easel with all those gorgeous poppies. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful, I love the scene, the poppies are gorgeous and the sentiment is fab
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love this Jane and it has made a fantastic easel card. So much work, bet you don't want to part with it. Crafty Hug. Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Jane, you must have the patience of a saint. Beautiful. Jools. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Jane, the poppies look stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning! I want that set now !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous card, love the poppies xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card...a real work of art xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! Really well done. Lovely stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is beautiful! Such an elegant and classy card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card I love the poppies. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Jane! Your patience with colour the poppies has been sooooooo worthi it as it is amazing!!!

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete