Followers

Friday 2 January 2015

It's a wise old owl......or two wit two woo

Well good morning to you! I thought I would blog again...just to keep you on your toes and shock you....I don't usually blog everyday but hey! Surprise!
Anyway these two cards I made for the last Clarity Show....just loved the owls and the stencil in this set. The owls would make a great anniversary card or engagement....now there's a thought. I must congratulate my lovely friend and teamie Amanda Branston on her engagement to Mark over Christmas...so happy for her and can't wait for the wedding!

Any way I digress!

The first card I wanted to do was something a bit out of the box and that was use different colours then would be expected with the owls.
I got out four bright colours of adirondack inks; butterscotch, meadow, denim and red pepper, and stamped the owls in each as close to each other as possible but turning the card each time so they faced a different way. I trimmed the card and then added a free hand squiggly line which I then coloured in with the same four colours. I then matted it onto a piece of black then onto an 8 x 8 card blank.


For the next card I got the Gelli Plate out and using the stencil created a background. I then cut a piece of card slightly bigger than the aperture of the stencil and stamped the owls in Black archival ink. I added colour using spectrum noir pencils and then covered the whole tile with clear embossing powder. I attached this to the background with red liner tape.
Then it was matted and layered onto a piece of black card then an 8 x 8 card blank....a very nice stamp and stencil.... thank you Clarity!


Right I am off....the tree and decorations are coming down in a bit and the house is being cleaned! 

Have a good day whatever you are doing.
Happy Crafting



6 comments:

  1. Fab cards Jane loving the brightly coloured one. My decs are down but haven't taken down the cards yetx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both cards but my favourite is the colourful one. You are right , not the norm. But it so works. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cards Jane, especially the Andy Warhol-did I spell that right? Lol. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! Thank you my amazing friend! :) xxx beautiful cards Jane, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to say that all my decorations have now gone and are tucked away till next year. I love your owls, such a lovely way to treat them. Thank you for your visit and for your lovely comment. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea with the owl stamp in different colours. The stencil is very useful, I used it on several Christmas cards, not tried it on Gelli plate yet. Both are lovely cards. xx

    ReplyDelete