Followers

Thursday 22 January 2015

Crinkly Tag

Good Evening
I want to share with you one of the samples I made for the January Claritystamp Show.
I started off with a tag made out of artboard. I had some brown packing paper which I had saved and I scrunched up a piece then covered the tag with PVA glue and pushed it onto the paper. I then made sure the paper was stuck to the edges and I trimmed off the excess. I then left it to dry.
Next I used the petal stencil and some grunge paste and added some petals to the top and bottom corners. Once this was dry I used gilding wax and rubbed over the surface of the tag. This picked up the crinkles in the paper really well! I also rubbed the stencil petals with the gilding wax.

For the flowers I stamped and embossed 2 different petals 5 times each and the butterfly twice onto craft card. I cut these out then made 2 flowers and layered up the butterfly. I attached these to the tag and added a small metal dragon fly and a die cut flourish. A couple of self adhesive gems and a small sprig of pearl stems finished it off.

Made a change from just doing a card!





I hope you like it! 
Happy Crafting! 




3 comments:

  1. I think this is just stunning and this is one technique I want to have a go at. I have even managed to find some brown packing paper to start with. Thank you for sharing the how to bits with us. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love what you did with background. the gilding wx adds such depth. gorgeous. love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag Jane and like you say it is good to make something other than cards.....the gilding wax really adds a shine...hope you have a good weekend...xxx

    ReplyDelete