Followers

Thursday 25 September 2014

The Birds!

Good Afternoon
Two more cards for you from September's Claritystamp Show on Create and Craft. I loved the new stamps and Stencils on that show...mind you I say that every month!
This first card started off as me playing with ink and shaving foam and the Bird Tree stencil. The image on the stencil is a little bigger than the stamp but that is great if you want to add some perspective to your work.
I used grunge paste to get the image over the background.


I had added a few hills to the shaving foam background and once the grunge paste was dry I inked it in black. The words were made up by using The from The Great outdoors stamp and the BIRDS was made up from Birthday and friendship from the word Chain stamps.

The next card was made using the stamp. 


I started off by putting the stencil on the card and adding a moon mask. I covered over the top part and spritzed the bottom with brown dylusion ink quite heavily then moved it up a bit and spritzed some more. I then spritzed the sky area with orange then carefully removed the moon mask and spritzed the sky in yellow. I removed the stencil then left it to dry. 
I stamped the tree in black archival ink then cleaned the stamp well and then masked off all but the top 5 birds. I inked these up and stamped them outside the frame to extend the birds outside the picture. I stamped the sentiment in the corner and used watercolour paints to colour it in autumnal colours.

So those were the 2 cards using this set.

Please let me know what you think of these by leaving me a comment.

Happy Crafting

13 comments:

  1. Two stunning cards,wonderful colours and layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Jane particularly the second one x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous Jane! I love them :)
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are lovely Jane but if I am honest I prefer the second one. I must have a go to see what I can come up with

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them both Jane - hard to pick which is my fave - love the "floatiness" of the first and the moodiness of the second :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them both. I love the shaving foam background and the autumnal colours on the second card are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the dylusions one Jane. looks so autumnal. the shaving foam one is interesting and i really like the way you coloured in the tree xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them both Jane. I have noticed that stencil on the second one always looks great the way you use it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pieces Jane, torn as to which i like the most.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both cards Jane, especially how you have managed to get two completely different styles from the stamp and stencil.

    ReplyDelete