Followers

Saturday 20 September 2014

If one bird can't do it....Toucan!

Good Morning to you all and I thought I would share with you two cards done for the last Clarity Stamp show. The Toucan is a fascinating and almost comical bird! And the stamp does not disappoint! It's fab!

To go with the Toucan there are the most fantastic cheese plant leaves!  We had a plant of this in our old house and it eventually took over a corner of our dining room! Unfortunately it did not survive the move!

 Any way the first card took a lot of masking and then colouring but I think it looks great as if there were just a load of toucans all waiting for something. 


The next card took a bit longer as I had to stamp and colour the leaves, then cut them out...its a good job I like cutting out!
The idea was that the leaves were the jungle and as you opened the jungle up inside a clearing were the toucans hiding!

Here's how the card looked closed 


And here it is open
The leaves on the inside are stamped using the solid leaf shapes and 2 colours of ink. I ad stamped and masked the toucans onto the card so that they would be in front on the leaves. I did use a few that I had cut out around them to add a bit of dimension! 


Thanks for looking! Have a lovely weekend.
Happy Crafting




6 comments:

  1. Both of these cards are fantastic and you've convinced me to put them on my list xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Jane. I especially like the Toucans hiding in the jungle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cards Jane. Such a lot of work in both of them. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my life! Such wonderful work Jane... Dedication, that's what it is! Blooming delightful. I'm not sure Toucan, but you sure can! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what beautiful cards. cutting out must have taken forever. a true labour of love xx

    ReplyDelete