Followers

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Hello Flower

Good morning.
I have been a bit quiet because I have had this awful flu that seems to be doing the rounds but today a feel a little better so I thought I would blog one of my cards from the December clarity shows.

This one used the Chrysanthemum stencil and what a fabulous stencil it is.
And this technique is one used by Eileen Godwin and so well explained to me by my friend Amanda Branston so thanks to them both!

I got a piece of watercolour paper and cut it to the same size as the stencil. I then ran the paper and the stencil through my grand calibur so that it was embossed. I then brayered over with versamark and applied clear embossing powder which I then heated. I then used distress ink which I applied to the card with a wet paintbrush and this is the effect.

I added a pale blue wash in the corner and then trimmed the paper back to the size of the flower.

I then took an 8x8 card blank and using pink and yellow distress inks 1st and 2nd generation I stamped all over the edges of the card with the large and small chrysanthemum stamps to create a background. I mounted the topper onto a piece of pink pearlescent card and then onto the stamped card.

I added some dewdrops to the corners and that was the card made.
I think it looked quite cheery and I was pleased at how it turned out. What do you think?

Have a good day

Happy Crafting

 


6 comments:

  1. I love it Jane, thanks for the heads up on the technique I have never done this but really fancy playing with it a bit. See there is always more to learn in this industry. I hope you feel better soon Jane, a lot of us have been a little quiet lately, the run up to xmas probably. That Flu is a bad one though isn't it, had a few weeks ago. Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely car and lush colours love it Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Jane and such gorgeous colours....hope you feel better soon...at least it will be over before Christmas....xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful artwork, Jane. Spot on. xxx

    ReplyDelete