Followers

Sunday 1 December 2013

Down by the Canal


Well here we are again the start of the month and another new challenge from the Clarity Challenge blog!

Last month we saw some beautiful cards again and it is getting harder and harder each month to pick out the best as they are all so good!

This month it is all about scene building and there are some really fabulous cards from the design team to inspire you! Its well worth a look at their blogs to see how they did them!

So to my card for this challenge. I started off sitting and not having a clue what to do!
Then I looked through the Clarity Catalogue. I often find if I am stuck for ideas if I look through there I suddenly start to get a plan in my head. However it also reminds me of stamps I still need to get!!

Anyhow I'd formulated a plan and then got all the necessary bits and pieces together!

Here is the card I made.

I started off by making the kingfisher out of angelina fibres. I used a mixture of white, pink, blue and green. I cut it out and put it to one side for later.

I drew out a rough plan and used the stamps to give me an idea where I wanted things positioning!

I then got a piece of Theuva card and stamped the windmil and the barge then the branch. I masked the windmill and barge so I could colour them later.

I then masked off the section for the river and using a brayer I created the river. I then used paper masks to create the land and the clouds mask to do the sky. I did put a sun mask so I could get the sun.

I then used the trees and the birds to make the picture more dimensional. The bottom of the trunks make the fence (along with a brown fineliner pen) and the sides of the trees make the grasses along the canal bank and the tuffs of grass in the fields. I used the edge of a post it to do the sun rays! I then removed the masks of the barge and the windmill and coloured these with promarkers.

I then stuck the kingfisher to sit on the branch and the card was matted and layered on to brown and then sand coloured card then onto an A4 card blank which I had used a stencil on to give a soft green background.

I love how the angelina fibres always give you different results and the colours can be so different.

And there is my scene!
I hope you like it!

Now over to you. Lets see some great scenes form all of you happy clarity stampers out there!

Happy Crafting









14 comments:

  1. Beautiful scene Jane. I love the kingfisher! He looks so regal sat there on his branch. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jane. just love your work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant scene Jane and love the colourful kingfisher.
    Loved your samples on the C & C show today - fantastic inspiration for us all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Jane and the kingfisher is just perfect in the fibres...
    The one time it is o.k. To use an iron...have a good week and see you next Saturday...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is stunning Jane! The kingfisher just pops off the page.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card Jane... I love Kingfishers and yours is amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful scene. very tranquil xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane I absolutely love this card, I have looked at it more times than you could imagine? There is just something about it. Your little story about the catalogue made me laugh, I also sometimes do that and then I just end up with a long shopping list. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Kingfisher Jane he is adorable ...as is your card x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane this is a truly beautiful card - your Kingfisher is fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful bit of Sunshine at this time of year and great colours. Love the scene you have created and the Kingfisher is just a stunner.

    ReplyDelete