Followers

Tuesday 5 June 2012

My First ever demo

I was asked if I would do a demo of One Stroke painting/Paint Fusion techniques at H. G Crafts which is in the grounds of Poynton Garden Centre. I said I would and agreed to do the demo on Bank holiday Monday (June 4th) as part of the Jubilee Celebrations.

I spent some time gathering together some samples either by painting new things or by 'borrowing' back things I had painted and given to my friends and family as gifts. They were all quite happy to lend them to me as long as I looked after them and also gave them back after!!!

So the day arrived and I was nervous but in for a penny as they say!!

Sunday had been awful weather but when I opened the curtains it looked like it culd either be a lovely day or end up raining. As the demo was to be outside the shop I hoped it would stay dry at least.

I had packed all my things up on Sunday evening and so I could get set up I went off to get there for just before 10. That way I could drive the car to in front of the shop and unload before I had to park the car in the car park.

Pauline (who owns and runs the shop) helped me get set up with tables and a chair. So I set up my samples table and then my working table. Pauline also got a table arranged so that people could watch me then have a go themselves.
Here is a picture of my samples table.


Once all was set up it was nearly 11 so I sat down and got my paints out and straight away I had someone watching me! It was a little strange at first but me being me and able to talk to anyone I really enjoyed it!

It was lovely that some of my friends came along to support me. It made it much easier to do the demo I think.

I was a little taken aback when Maria Simms arrived to watch me. She is to me such an inspiration and to me she is a bit of a celeb in the crafting world and there she was to see me do my demo!!! OMG! But she is so nice and genuinely enjoyed it I think!
I had taken my sandwiches for my lunch but got so engrossed in what I was doing and had people there watching me all the time that I suddenly realised that I hadn't had time to eat them.

I hope it was OK for everyone who came and watched. I know a few people had a go for themselves and I hope that they continue to practice and enjoy it as I do!
notice the nails and hair!!


 I would love to do more now even though it was tiring it ws a nice kind of tired!

If you read this and did come to the demo please let me know truthfully how I did!

Have a crafty day!

Jane xx

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure you did fine Sweetie.... it's always a bit daunting when you do your 1st demo.... I'm sure you will be doing many more .... love the nails & hair.... Happy crafting x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane your table looks great and wow first demo congratulations , I am sure you will have more to do in the future and i bet everyone who whatched was loving it and I am sure Maria will have too xxxxxxxxxx Well done love xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i couldve been there , looks amazing and in no good at painting at all so im certain that i would have picked up a few tips from you lol , well done hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your table, am sure you did really well. Glad you had a great day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Done I am so happy that you enjoyed your day and were able to show other people your amazing work.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you, so glad you enjoyed your day. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you enjoyed your day! Your table looks fab!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your first demo, it sounds like you had a wonderful time xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your demo, I know I was so nervous when I did my first card making demo, but once I started I was fine and LOVED it. Your painted items are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete