Followers

Tuesday 2 April 2019

Phoenix rising!

Hello and welcome all to today's blog!

It is all getting exciting now on the wedding front and I know over the next few weeks I am going to be mighty busy! But that's good as it keeps me out of mischief! I hope I still have time to do the occasional blog for you all! 
I was looking through things I haven't blogged yet and things I had! I noticed that I had blogged the Groovi version of the Phoenix but not the Stamp version so that is what I have for you today.



Ingredients.
Phoenix  Stamp
NDC 42 fireworks stencil
versamark pad
Clear detail embossing powder
Adirondack inks Black dark blue and indigo
Artistry ink Golden turmeric and blaze
Theuva Card
Brayer 

1. Working on Theuva  card cut to 14cm x 20cm, stamp the phoenix stamp with archival ink. and mask off. This is only for the positioning.
2. Attach the stencil and add yellow and red ink. Wipe the stencil clean then reattach.
3. Sponge versamark through the stencil . Remove the stencil and the mask and emboss the fireworks with detail clear powder. Repeat this process to make the embossing smoother.
4. Use the brayer to make a night sky. Use a mix of indigo , blue and black ink to do this.
5. Add hills at the bottom of the card using torn paper and the ink on the blending mat with the brayer. Wipe the ink off the embossed areas.
6. Mat onto black card then mount on a card blank.
7. On smooth decoupage card stamp the phoenix 5 times and colour with promarkers. Cut out and layer up over the stamped image using 3D foam pads.

For those of you who find the brayer scary you could do the sky with brushes but it would take longer to build up the depth of colour! 

I hope you have a good day whatever you are doing! 
Happy Crafting.

3 comments:

  1. Love this Jane. Good luck with all the wedding arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Jane. Very striking. Enjoy the wedding preparations. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Jane, loving those fireworks in the background and that phoenix stamp is coloured brilliantly. Not long now until the big day. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete