Followers

Tuesday 23 August 2016

Let's go to Africa!

Good Morning Bloggers. I am sorry I have been away for so long but I have been busy with so much going on that my blog has had to take a back step for a while! I keep promising myself that I will get it going again so maybe this is the start of things to come!
I now have a wealth of artwork to share with you but I thought we'd start by having a trip to Africa. This is a card I did for Barbara's July Show using the African and the Wee Africa set 1 and set 2 I also used the Wood press letters set to write the word Africa.

To do the background I started with some of Sheena's Stamping card and cut it to 7" x 7". I then used Spectrum noir Aqua tints in stripes across the page overlapping the colours so they blended a little. I spritzed it a little with water then sprinkled it with rock salt to create the blotchy affect. I left it to dry for about an hour to allow the salt to work it's magic. 
Once the card was dry I brushed the salt off it. The surface can feel a bit rough after this so I dust it with talc! Makes it smell nice too! 
I stamped the larger man in the corner then the trees and then positioned the smaller man stamp so it added depth to the picture. I added the letters of Africa then I added a shadow under each man using a pencil crayon and along the foot of the trees. I also put a little shadow under each letter. 
I matted it on to black card then onto a white card blank. 

I was pretty pleased with the overall look of this one! I think it has the African feel .....what do you think?

Let me know in the comments please.


Anyway I'm off to hang some more washing out and then have a cuppa! 
Have a great day

Happy Crafting

xx



11 comments:

  1. I love it, Jane, and it certainly has the impression of Africa to me. Really hot. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Jane, I love the background. I hope you enjoy your cuppa and have a wonderful day.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's how I imagine it to be. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing piece of art Jane, now following you, so look forwards to seeing more.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful piece of work Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Jane,I've never been but just how I imagine it would be xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love it Jane! Salt is soooo underated! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely background - it's very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Not tried using salt so might have to add it to my ever growing list of techniques to try. Not surprised you are busy it is called being retired, we never seem to stop. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely artwork, keep meaning to have a play using rock salt, love the effect xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Jane that back drop is perfect x

    ReplyDelete