Followers

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Home Sweet Home

Good evening!
I hope you have all had a good day!
It was lovely to leave work today while it was still light! SO many days, in the winter, I go to work in the dark and leave when it's dark so it makes it special to get away on time and especially when it was so bright and sunny! I didn't even need my coat on to walk out to the car park. 

This evening I would like to share with you another of my samples from Barbara's last show on Hochanda using the Wee houses, the circle framer the words home sweet home from the little set of stamps by the same name. I also used the cat and the dog from the miniature set that went with the thank-you framer set.

I started off brushing a pale blue/green ink through the circle framer. I made sure it was not in the centre so I had space for the houses on the top of it.

I then stamped the houses around the top starting with the centre one and then working outwards so it looked even. I made sure the corners of the houses touched which is easy with Clarity stamps! 

I coloured the houses using pencil crayons then stamped the sentiment and the animals into place using black archival ink. I brushed a little colour in the corners of the card to take the whiteness off it. I did this with the ink left on my brush....they hold more than you think!

I then matted onto black then onto a white 8 x 8 card blank.

I hope you like it!




Let me know what you have been up to and if you have time today why not hop over to Barbara's blog to find out what is going on in her world today and maybe a few of the design team who have wonderful blogs...you can find the links on my blog or they are all listed on our Barbara's.

In the meantime happy crafting
Love and hugs


xxx









5 comments:

  1. Morning, just wanted to say hello, love these houses I have them and they are my next project after I finish the Charity Blog Challenge - Say it with Flowers.

    I have used the Color Burst and just love the effect one gets with them.

    Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Jane, I love the Wee Houses too, and they are perfect for this type of card, ...hope you have a good day...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this card so simple yet so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this card so simple yet so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cor!! I love this artwork. It is so lovely!!! x

    ReplyDelete