Followers

Monday 18 January 2016

Color Bursts Always!

Good evening and Happy New Year!

I got a bit of a shock when I saw the date of my last blog post....I really don't know where that time has gone but my life feels a bit like a whirlwind and I guess the blog is the least of my worries. I will try though to be a better blogger from now on! 

Anyway it's a couple of weeks since Barbara introduced The Wee houses and the Wee shops to us on Hochanda. I love them and can see them becoming a popular little set of stamps. 

I started off by making a set of masks for the houses. Clarity sell blank sheets of the masks so I stamped the houses and shops onto one of the sheets with black archival ink and cut them out. This way I have got them for a long time. 
I stamped the row of shops and houses on a piece of Sheena's stamping card then masked them off. I then spritzed the card with water then added color bursts by Ken Oliver above and below the houses. I added more water and lifted the card so the colour dripped down the page. I let the colour soak in a bit then gently dabbed with a paper towel but not too much as I didn't want to lift too much colour off the card. I left this to dry naturally for the afternoon.

Once it was dry I removed the masks then coloured the houses in using a mixture of distress, whisper markers and spectrum aqua pens which are all water based. I then chose a word I liked from the wordchains ...I chose ALWAYS. 
I matted it onto black card then onto a white card blank. 





I hope you like it. 

Let me know if you have a go at this technique or if you have used the houses in a different way

Happy Crafting



xxxxx




  




13 comments:

  1. Great card Jane very colourful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Jane very colourful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog and your take on wee houses / shops must play with mine just loved it all Jane keep it up xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Jane, I really like seeing your work. Very clever lady
    Lynne T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Colour Bursts Jane great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card - great colours, so clever. Got the wee houses and shops on order and can't wait for them to arrive so I can have a play

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a good eye for colour, Jane and you've done it again here. Such a lovely vibrant card. Reminds me of a scene in a Cornish village. Haven't tried the blank Clarity mask sheets but I think that a pack may jump into my next order. Great first blog for the new year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those little shops and houses, you did a great job with them Jane, I love your colour burst sky, nicer than brusho I think.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria...I love how with the color bursts you can direct the colour more precisely and the smallest bit makes such a massive impact! xx

      Delete
  9. Hello Jane. I love what you have done with this card. I agree with Maria that those colour bursts are fab. Great Card Design. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Jane - I am waiting patiently for mine to arrive"...........then I can have a play too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Jane, I must get some of Ken Oliver Colour Bursts, they make lovely backgrounds :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. great background and fab coloring xx

    ReplyDelete