Followers

Monday 16 February 2015

A bit of Sax for you!

Good morning all! What a difference a day makes...yesterday was clear blue skies and bright ...today is grey and drizzle! But that is not going to spoil things...Colin and I are off for a trip out later then I will do a bit of work before settling down to do some major crafting....all new secret stuff!

But before I go I want to share the other card I made using the music set
For this one I used the brushos (Black, yellow and red) to make a background and once it was dry I stamped the saxophone in place as a guide then the music staff which I curved a bit. I then used my black pen to extend the lines to make it look like they were coming out of the sax. At the other end I opened them up to look as though it was off into the distance.
I stamped the treble clef and then some random notes to make it look authentic music!
I then stamped the word Harmony from word Chain 12 in the corner and then randomly stamped notes around the whole piece. 
I stamped the saxophone again on a piece of theuva card...I always keep offcuts for such occasions...coloured it in with a gold gel pen and stuck it on over the original stamped one. 
I finished it of by going round the edge with a wiggly line but I wrote' musical notes' in it as I went. I matted and layered it onto a card blank 8 x 8 then added cosmic shimmer pearls to the keys on the Saxophone to make them stand out a bit. I also used a white pen and added highlights to the notes and to the word. 


I was really pleased with this one and I think it worked out quite well!

Have a good day 
Happy Crafting





3 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Jane. Beautiful, lively and very colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like this one Jane, especially the way you extend idly to make the swirly music scroll.x

    ReplyDelete